Coniston and Torver

vacant
The Vicarage
Yewdale Road
Coniston
Cumbria
LA21 8DX
015394 41171

Coniston St AndrewChurch SIF Form »  |  Location Map »


Coniston and Torver
At junction of A593 and B5285 in Coniston Village

St Andrew's is seeking to be a worshipping community that brings people to meet Jesus. We endeavour in our worship and witness, along with other Christians in Coniston, to make the Christian gospel relevant and authentic to our community and its visitors.

The present nave and tower were built in 1819 on the site of the original chapel built in 1586. In 1891 the building was enlarged by the addition of the chancel and vestry at the east end and an extra porch at the west end. A clock was installed in the bell tower. In 1907 an organ loft was erected and an organ installed.
In 2000 a screen beneath the balcony was added to provide a separate meeting area with kitchen and bathroom. 

11.00 am Holy Communion BCP

11.00 am Morning Worship (Informal)

11.00 am Holy Communion C.W.

11.00 am Morning Worship (Informal)

http://www.standrewconiston.org.uk

Torver St LukeChurch SIF Form »  |  Location Map »


Coniston and Torver
On A593 (next to Church House Inn), Torver
Details to follow

The Parish Church at Torver was dedicated to St Luke in 1884 when it was discovered that there had been no dedication hitherto. The previous church (replaced by the current building in 1884) was a small, low building with a steep pitched slate roof.

9.00 am Bikers Breakfast (April - Oct); Cafe Church (Nov to March)

9.00 am Holy Communion BCP

9.00 am Service of the Word

6.00 pm Sing and Share