Carlisle Deanery Prayer
Dear Father in heaven, you give us in equal measure, twenty-four hours each day and seven days each week. Help us to walk with you day by day, so that, whether we are on our own, or in the company of others, our love for you will show.
Help us in our places of work, our times at home, and in our recreation, to always put you first. May your love for us and our love for you be seen and be used to draw others to Christ - who came not to be served but to serve and to give his life as a ransom for many. Amen.
Benefices within Carlisle Deanery
- Barony of Burgh
- Caldbeck, Castle Sowerby and Sebergham
- Carlisle Holy Trinity & St Barnabas
- Carlisle St Aidan with Christ Church
- Carlisle St Cuthbert with St Mary
- Carlisle St Elisabeth
- Carlisle St Herbert
- Carlisle St James
- Carlisle St John the Baptist
- Carlisle St John the Evangelist
- Carlisle St Luke
- Carlisle St Michael with St Mark
- Dalston with Cumdivock, Raughton Head and Wreay
- Houghton St John with Kingmoor St Peter
- Westward, Rosley with Woodside and Welton
- Bowness on Solway, Kirkbride and Newton Arlosh
Carlisle Deanery Profile
Ours is quite a difficult deanery, in that it is not only large but also heterogeneous. It contains the city of Carlisle (cathedral, shops, railway junction, administrative centre etc), the fells (Caldbeck, John Peel, Chris Bonington), farmland (Solway Plain, Foot-and-mouth), coastlands (Bowness, Burgh Marsh), suburbs and dormitory villages.
Our churchmanship embraces the whole range of Anglicanism, and we support a flourishing ecumenical life which includes a university chaplain and a cafe. All this, and the Bishop too! Obviously, we don't agree all of the time; dull or predictable it is not.
Carlisle Deanery Contacts
The Vicarage, Dykes Terrace, Carlisle, CA3 9AS
01228 514600 firstname.lastname@example.org
57 Etterby Street, Carlisle, CA3 9JD