Morland, Thrimby, Great Strickland, and Cliburn (North Westmorland Group)

The Revd Stewart Fyfe
The Vicarage
Morland
Penrith
Cumbria
CA10 3AX
01931 714620
stewart.fyfe@btinternet.com

Great Strickland St BarnabasChurch SIF Form »


Great Strickland
At the east end of the village of Great Strickland
Details to follow

Great Strickland had no church of its own until 1870 because it was originally a staunch Quaker village – in 1655 it was said to be Quakerism’s most important stronghold in Westmorland. The present church was built in 1870 on an elevated si

https://northwestmorlandchurches.org.uk/

Morland St LawrenceChurch SIF Form »  |  Location Map »


Morland
On the Cliburn road out of Morland
Details to follow

Morland has the only Saxon tower in the county; the rest of the church is mainly 13th, 14th and 15th century, with a fine light interior and some modern stained glass.

https://northwestmorlandchurches.org.uk/

ThrimbyChurch SIF Form »


Thrimby
Centre of Little Strickland
Details to follow

Medieval Church, first restored in 1686, then in 1813 moved from original position near river, to centre of Little Strickland. A good example of early 19th Century church building, being a simple rectangular room with a flat ceiling and no east window - g

https://northwestmorlandchurches.org.uk/

Cliburn St CutbbertChurch SIF Form »


Cliburn
Details to follow
Details to follow

St Cuthbert's Cliburn has a twelth century nave and chancel in the Norman style. In the chancel is one preserved window; the rest are 1886-1887, when a major restoration and extension took place. The proch contains Roman stones. The Church is approached b

https://northwestmorlandchurches.org.uk/