Orton and Tebay with Ravenstonedale and Newbiggin

The Revd Alun Hurd
The Vicarage
Shap
Penrith
Cumbria
CA10 3LB
01931 716048
alunjhurd@gmail.com

Orton All SaintsChurch SIF Form »


Orton
Details to follow
Details to follow

The original church was probably a primitive structure, and it was not until the early 12th century that a permanent stone edifice was built. The church is believed to have been cruciform in plan, comprised of chancel, nave, and crossing, and south and n

Ravenstonedale St OswaldChurch SIF Form »


Ravenstonedale with Newbiggin on Lune
Entrance next to primary school
Details to follow

The present church has stood since 1744 on the site of the church of a medieval priory, the ruins of whose other buildings lie unearthed immediately N in the churchyard. This priory housed canons of the Gilbertine order, founded by S.Gilbert of Sempringh

Tebay St JamesChurch SIF Form »


Tebay
200 yards behind main village street
Details to follow

S.James' is a 'railway church', built in 1880 with locally raised funds, but on land given by the railway company, as a place of worship for the railwaymen and their families. While the exterior is of local stone and slate, the interior is faced with bric