Sedbergh Cautley and Garsdale

The Revd A B McMullon
20 Winfield Road
Sedbergh
LA10 5AZ
015396 20018
andrew.mcmullon@btinternet.com

Cautley St MarkChurch SIF Form »  |  Location Map »


Cautley with Dowbiggin
St Mark's Church is approximately three miles from Sedbergh on the A683 following the signs to Kirkby Stephen.

We are a small congregation, working closely with our partners in the benefice (Sedbergh and Garsdale) and also trying to reach out with the Christian message to the scattered residents of our dale. We offer a contemplative style of worship, which suits the tranquility of our little hurch. The building is open all day, every day, and we welcome visitors. Our aim is to make St Mark’s a place of spiritual refreshment and development for all.

St Mark's church was built in 1847 to serve the people of Cautley. Cautley is a sparsely populated dale running north from Sedbergh towards Kirkby Stephen. This is hill-farming country the scenery is spectacular and the view from the churchyard is stunning.

2.30 pm Holy Communion CW

9.30 am Morning Prayer

2.30 pm Holy Communion CW

2.30 pm Prayer & Meditation

2.30 pm Service of the Word

http://www.sedbergh.org.uk/churches/anglican/

Garsdale St JohnChurch SIF Form »


Garsdale
The church is situated approximately five miles from Sedbergh on the A684 following the signs to Garsdale and Hawes. Garsdale is a narrow dale running east from Sedbergh with Baugh Fell to the north and Rise Hill to the south. The A684 running through the
Details to follow

The church was built in 1861.

10.00 am Morning Prayer

10.00 am Holy Communion

10.00 am Morning Prayer

10.00 am Holy Communion

10.00 am Ecumenical

http://www.sedbergh.org.uk/churches/anglican/

Sedbergh St AndrewChurch SIF Form »  |  Location Map »


Sedbergh
The church is situated in the centre of Sedbergh at the junction of Finkle Street and Main Street.

The Church is situated in the heart of the community. Through a variety of services we are attempting to encourage a broad cross section of the community to join us in our worship and to embrace St Andrew’s as their home. The Church is open and kept heated throughout the week and we encourage residents of Sedbergh and the many visitors passing through to visit the Church for quiet reflection. For some years we have welcomed the local Roman Catholic congregation who hold a Mass in the Church on Sundays and as we develop our Mission Community we are encouraging the other denominations to see St Andrew’s as their eventual home.

It is probably the oldest building by far in Sedbergh, dating from around 1130. The east window is a large stained glass picture depicting the call of Christ to Andrew and Peter. It is unusual in that the single large picture occupies the full width of t

8.00 am Holy Communion BCP 10.30 am Holy Communion CW 6.30 pm Evening Prayer BCP

8.00 am Holy Communion BCP 10.30 am Holy Communion CW and Sunday School 6.30 pm Evening Prayer BCP

8.00 am Holy Communion BCP 10.30 am Holy Communion CW 6.30 pm Evening Prayer BCP

8.00 am Holy Communion BCP 10.30 am Family Service 6.30 pm Evening Prayer BCP

8.00 am Holy Communion BCP 10.30 am Morning Prayer BCP 6.30 pm Evening Prayer BCP

11.15 am Holy Communion BCP each Wednesday

http://www.sedbergh.org.uk/churches/anglican/