Thornthwaite cum Braithwaite with Newlands

Revd Judith Ashurst
Oak Side
Braithwaite
Keswick
CA12 5SY
017687 78092
revjudi@icloud.com

NewlandsChurch SIF Form »


Newlands
Details to follow
Details to follow
Earliest reference to a chapel at Newlands is c1576. The present building which has white roughcast finish, dates to 1845, with major internal refurbishment following in 1885. There is a Wordsworth connection. The adjoining schoolroom - closed in 1967 is
11.15 am Holy Communion. Alternate monthly between BCP and CW.
11.15 am Morning Prayer. Alternate monthly between BCP and CW.
Other occasional services as announced on the benefice website, church notice-boards and our Benefice News magazine (available free from any benefice church)
http://www.upperderwent.org.uk

Thornthwaite St MaryChurch SIF Form »


Thornthwaite cum Braithwaite
Details to follow
Details to follow

Origins date to around 1240, when a small chapel of ease was built. The existing church of local Skiddaw slate was built in 1853 in the early 19th century style of cruciform, with bell cote and lancet windows. Substantial repairs were completed in 1993.

10.15 am Holy Communion CW. Other services as announced on the benefice website, church noticeboards and our Benefice News magazine (available free from any benefice church)

http://www.upperderwent.org.uk

Braithwaite St HerbertChurch SIF Form »


Thornthwaite cum Braithwaite
Details to follow
Details to follow

Built in 1900 as a chapel of ease, but now due to population shift in a more convenient and populous location than the mother church at Thornthwaite. In 1980 an extension was built, and is much used for both church and community activities. This is someti

10.15 am Morning Prayer

10.15 am Holy Communion CW

10.15 am Holy Communion CW

10.15 am Holy Communion CW. Other occasional services as announced on the benefice website, church noticeboards and our Benefice News magazine (available free from any benfice church).