- A heart for mission and pastoral ministry in village, farming and tourist contexts, and a passion to help rural churches fulfil the ‘God for All’ vision.
- The ability to inspire, develop and work with the good-will, abilities and skills of lay people.
- Confidence in the Christian faith and gospel, and in preaching with clarity and conviction.
- An ability to lead worship in both traditional and emerging contexts.
- Self-motivation, able to work on your own, as well as in partnership with others.
- An understanding of the balance between leadership and servanthood.
Part-Time (0.5) Priest-in-Charge of Greystoke with Penruddock & Mungrisdale, and Blencathra MCL
BLENCATHRA MISSION COMMUNITY
PART-TIME (0.5) PRIEST-IN-CHARGE OF GREYSTOKE with PENRUDDOCK & MUNGRISDALE, and BLENCATHRA MISSION COMMUNITY LEADER
Are you a dedicated and inspirational leader who is keen to engage in the local community and who longs to see the local church thrive? Would you value the opportunity to remain in ‘front line’ ministry while having the time to fulfil or pursue other interests?
This part-time post is for a Priest-in-Charge of a small group of three churches, with the opportunity for mission and ministry within a variety of rural parishes. The largest village is Greystoke, which is where you will be based. Penruddock lies 2.5 miles from Greystoke and Mungrisdale is about 8 miles. There is good access to the nearby market town of Penrith and the tourist town of Keswick.
This post also includes the role of the Blencathra Mission Community Leader, which will require intentional missional leadership and a commitment to making and growing disciples and empowering and enabling others – ‘releasing the whole people of God for the whole mission of God’. Across the Blencathra Mission Community area there is a growing recognition of the need to work together to reach people the church is not currently reaching. This means you will be involved in the development and formation of Fresh Expressions across the Mission Community.
Along with a love for Jesus Christ and the flourishing of His Church, you will have:
Deadline for applications: Noon on 6 May 2021
Interview Date: 28 May 2021
For more information please contact:
TheArchdeacon of Carlisle, Ven. Lee Townend
(01768 885587 or firstname.lastname@example.org )
For a copy of the Profile and/or an informal chat please contact:
The Penrith Mission Area Leader, Canon Gary Cregeen
(01768 868786 or Gary@GandJCregeen.co.uk )