Could you be a Foundation Governor?
Do you want to serve your local community and make a difference?
- Can you spare 8-10 hours per term?
- Attend at least 3 full governor meetings per year?
- Join a sub group or committee with a particular focus?
- Are actively involved in the life of the local community.
- Actively engage with the lives of families in the parish, regardless of whether those families attend church or not.
- Promote the link between local church and local school.
- Operate at a strategic level ensuring that the Christian vision and character of the school are upheld.
You will be joining a governing board with a range of experience and the school and diocese will provide support and training for you to develop your own skills.
For more information read the role description here, read our Vision for Education here, speak to your local clergy or PCC secretary or contact your local CE school to meet with the headteacher to discuss your interest and possible useful skills.
Appointment and re-appointment information for Foundation Governors in Voluntary Aided, Voluntary Controlled and Foundation Church of England Schools
- Appendix A - Foundation Governor Nomination Form
- Appendix B - Foundation Governor Role Description
- Appendix C - PCC Guidance for the appointment of Foundation Governors
- Appendix D - Appointment Process Flowchart
For Single Trust Academy schools and schools that are part of the Good Shepherd Trust please contact email@example.com for further information.