6 Jun 2022, 4:28 p.m.in Clergy
St. Mary’s Ulverston, a busy, gently charismatic evangelical church in a friendly south Cumbrian town (pop 11,500), and rural daughter church
St. John’s Osmotherley
We are praying for a new church leader who is;
• Called to reach the people of Ulverston with the Gospel
• A leader, rooted in God’s word
• Strategic, with a vision to lead the church to growth, spiritually and numerically
• A person of prayer, with a heart for Holy Spirit-led worship and ministry
• A wholehearted disciple of Christ, able to draw others into a deep relationship with God
• A delegator and enabler, helping us to discover and use our gifts to grow God's Kingdom.
• Enthusiastic to re-equip our buildings for mission
We offer you:
• A team of five talented staff, committed lay leaders and enthusiastic volunteers
• A welcoming and lively church family and a home in a market town on the edge of the Lake District
Visit https://www.cpas.org.uk/jobs-ministry for an application pack or contact Kathy Burch email@example.com
Closing date:7 July Interviews and visits 19 and 20 July
This post is subject to enhanced disclosure from the DBS
31 May 2022, 4 p.m.in Clergy
Priest in Charge (St Mary’s, Walney & St John’s, Barrow Island) and Evangelism Enabler (Barrow Mission Community)
Do you want to minister amongst 'salt of the earth' people in two distinct communities, as together we seek to be 'salt and light' for Christ?
Can you build upon good foundations and continue to help us provide welcoming community, meaningful worship, and accessible Bible teaching that grows lay disciples?
Do you want to grow new forms of church - with a passion for mission and discipleship - but in a place where roots go deep and tradition is precious?
Will you hold out Christ as grace amongst the grit, as hope for the hurting,and as true satisfaction to those unsure as to what they are seeking?
Barrow Mission Community is looking for an innovative Priest-in-Charge for two parishes in the uniquely coastal and urban Deanery of Barrow. St Mary's, Walney Island, and St John's, Barrow Island, together serve around 15,000 people in Barrow-in-Furness, south-west Cumbria.
Combined with the town-wide role of Evangelism Enabler, this is an exciting and imaginative role, enmeshing traditional parish ministry and the opportunity to be a team-player that helps others explore new missional ventures.
Download the Profile and Role Description documents for more information.
For further details or an informal chat, contact the Archdeacon of Westmorland and Furness: 015395 34717 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Interview 22 July 2022 Read more