Director of Mission and Ministry Support and Innovation
Could you support the local church to flourish in its mission & ministry?
Do you have a heart for building collaborative teams?
Can you turn strategy & plans into effective action?
The Diocese of Carlisle is looking for a Director of Mission and Ministry Support and Innovation who will work across Cumbria to:
• advocate for our strategy and vision ‘God for All’ and help to make it a reality
• build our mission/ministry support team, inspiring, encouraging and equipping colleagues
• embody a strongly relational and collaborative approach in all aspects of their work and thinking
• engage enthusiastically with the breadth of the church in Cumbria, drawing on a deep & mature Christian faith
• create space for faithful improvisation, imagination and innovation in the church
This is a full-time position, initially funded for 3 years, with an expectation that longer term funding will be secured. Applications are welcome from ordained and lay applicants.
Salary: £58,173 p.a. and generous pension. Flexible working.
This post is subject to an occupational requirement that the postholder be a practising Christian under Part 1 of Schedule 9 of the Equality Act 2010
The successful applicant must complete an Enhanced DBS check.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 26th July 2023
Interviews: Thursday 3rd August 2023
For an informal chat about the role contact Derek Hurton, Diocesan Secretary, at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Further information and an application form at https://www.carlislediocese.org.uk/vacancies/
Return completed applications to: HumanResources@carlislediocese.org.uk