The Mothers' Union is a Christian organisation that is concerned with all aspects of marriage and family life. It fights against poverty, injustice and for family issues.The Mothers' Union has four million members worldwide in 83 different countries. It employs 300 grassroots workers from local communities around the world.
- Parenting programmes
- Health and HIV/aids awareness programmes
- Literacy and Numeracy programmes
- Fights to eliminate 3rd world debt
- Campaigns and lobbies on family issues
Here, in the Diocese of Carlisle Diocese, it provides:
- Help for centres for estranged parents and families
- A safe play area for children visiting Haverigg prison
- Basic recipe books for new university students
- Toilet bags for emergency hospital patients
- Support to families with pre-school children
For more information call our Diocesan President Mrs Janice Eadington on 01229 580175 or e-mail: email@example.com.
Mothers' Union membership is open to all: male, female, married, single, parent or not. The only requirement is that you have been baptised in the Trinity and can support the aims of the organisation.