Data Protection (GDPR)
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a piece of legislation that came into effect on 25 May 2018.
GDPR replaced the existing Data Protection Act and gives more rights and protection in how personal data is used.
There are a number of actions that PCCs must enact following the new regulations, and the national Church of England Parish Resources website has some helpful templates and documents for PCCs to use.
This section holds various policies and documents from the diocese which are related to the new regulation. There is also a useful Q&A document on general queries made by parishes on the implementation of GDPR.
Resources from ‘parishresources.org.uk’
- A two-page overview (designed for use with PCCs)
- A more detailed guide for the person implementing this in the parish
- A checklist which covers the actions outlined in the guides to help you monitor progress
- Sample forms and Guidance for those you communicate with
- Privacy notice guidance and sample
* Please note the links in this section take you to parishresources.org.uk